No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited. The deadline for entry is 09:00 MST on August 12, 2017.
1. Eligibility: Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the United States and is void where prohibited by law. Officers, directors, managers, and employees of the Salt Lake Home Builders Association (the “Sponsor”), as well as immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each such person, and any others engaged in the development, production, execution or distribution of this Sweepstakes are not eligible to participate. “Immediate family member” shall be deemed to mean husband, wife, children, mother, father, sister, sister in-law, brother or brother in-law.
2. Sweepstakes Period: Entries will be accepted starting on or about July 1, 2017 and ending August 12, 2017. All entries must be received by August 12, 2017 09:00PM MST.
3. How to Enter: There are two ways to enter:
a. The Sweepstakes may be entered by purchasing a ticket to the 2017 Salt Lake Parade of Homes and registering it at www.saltlakeparade.com/p/playhouses
b. The Sweepstakes may also be entered by mailing a postcard with full name, mailing address, and phone number to the Salt Lake Home Builders Association, 9069 S. 1300 W. West Jordan, UT 84088 (must be received at the HBA offices by August 12, 2017 09:00 PM MST).
4. Prize: The winner will receive the playhouse displayed at the Fashion Place Mall. Verifiable retail value: $6,000. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by the Sponsor. YOU MUST PAY ANY AND ALL DELIVERY FEES IN ORDER TO RECEIVE OR USE THIS ITEM. No cash or other prize substitution permitted except at Sponsor’s discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, and any and all expenses for delivery of the playhouse, shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by winners is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Salt Lake Home Builders Association to use winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
5. Agreement to Rules: By participating, you agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth herein. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of the Salt Lake Home Builders Association, as final and binding as it relates to the content. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
6. Winner selection and notification: Winners of the Sweepstakes will be selected in a random drawing under the supervision of the Sponsor. Winners will be notified by phone within 1 day following the winner selection. Salt Lake Home Builders Association shall have no liability for a winner’s failure to receive notices due to non-functioning or incorrect contact information. If the selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 2 days from the time award notification was given, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and releases as required, prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected. The receipt by winner of the prize offered in this Sweepstakes is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal and state laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY WINNER (AT SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED
7. Rights Granted by you: By entering this content you understand Salt Lake Home Builders Association, anyone acting on behalf of Salt Lake Home Builders Association, or its respective licensees, successors and assigns will have the right, where permitted by law, without any further notice, review or consent to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter in perpetuity and throughout the World, your entry, including, without limitation, the entry and winner’s name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image or statements about the Sweepstakes, and biographical information as news, publicity or information and for trade, advertising, public relations and promotional purposes without any further compensation
8. Terms: Salt Lake Home Builders Association reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes should (in its sole discretion) a virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In such case, Salt Lake Home Builders Association may select the recipients from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Salt Lake Home Builders Association. Salt Lake Home Builders Association reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. 4816-7883- 6017, v. 1 Salt Lake Home Builders Association has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Sweepstakes, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to; multiple entries in excess of that allowed by sweepstakes rules. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made. The Salt Lake Home Builders Association reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
9. Limitation of Liability: By entering you agree to release and hold harmless Salt Lake Home Builders Association and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from (i) such entrant’s participation in the sweepstakes and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof, (ii) technical failures of any kind; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
10. Disputes: THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND UTAH, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, participant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in UTAH having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, other than participant’s actual out-of- pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
11. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Salt Lake Home Builders Association, 9069 S. 1300 W., West Jordan, UT 84088. Requests must be received no later than August 14, 2017.
12. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Sweepstakes is Salt Lake Home Builders Association, 9069 S. 1300 W., West Jordan, UT 84088. 4816-7883- 6017, v. 1